*Company located in Utah - Employees can work in the office or remotely in most locations in the US, except SC and NY. This is a full-time opportunity, not a contract opportunity.
The Role… Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – As the CFO of Disruptive Advertising (DA), you will direct and oversee all financial activities of our growing organization, direct the preparation of current financial reports and summaries, and create forecasts predicting future growth and scalability. But this role is much more than that. As we continue to grow to incredible heights, our CFO will build and sustain an exemplary team of financial professionals that will support and enhance our sound financial management practices. With our new CFO’s guidance, DA will not only remain a leader in our industry but will gain more & more market share in an ever-competitive digital marketing landscape. As an executive and steward of our corporate culture, our CFO will make an impact everyday by creating lasting and sustainable growth for our customers, our team members, and our organization overall.
As CFO you will receive...
- Competitive base + comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401k with generous match
- Vacation bonus ($500/after 1st year, an addition $250 every year after)
- $2,000 p/year Personal Development budget
- Company Vacation Homes to Use after the first anniversary
- And more
As CFO you will be…
- Technical, intellectually focused and thrive in a learning environment.
- At ease in a fast-paced environment, be adaptable and able to drive change.
- Strategic, innovative thinker with proven execution, leadership, communication and influencing skills.
- Results driven, self-starter who works with a sense of urgency, excellent organizational skills, operational rigor, high intensity, and commitment to the business.
- Hands-on in your management style coupled with high attention to detail; delegating to others only when precision and dependability has been demonstrated.
- High degree of intellectual horsepower with demonstrable emotional intelligence; ability to think deeply and qualitatively about business problems, breaking down issues and presenting solutions.
As CFO, you will have experience with the following:
- Proven success as a true business partner to the CEO and executive team ideally having experienced scale north of $100MM.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions; identifying business opportunities, analyzing the competitive landscape, and developing financial models.
- High-growth environments with a fast pace/scale; ability to develop and implement systems, tools, and processes increasing business clarity.
- Proven experience in creating real-time reporting, forecasting, and actionable KPIs and similar dashboards, with the utilization of advanced financial technologies and modeling.
- ERP systems and implementations preferred.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
As CFO, you will be responsible for…
- Department Supervision & Best Practices - Structure a highly functional & streamlined department. Evaluate finance talent and develop staffing plans to support the business demands. Serve as a coach and mentor to high potential employees, giving them career-broadening opportunities. Create a performance-driven culture within the finance organization that extends to the broader company team. Drive business process improvement by bringing best practices to the accounting & operations functions. Ensure that all regulatory and legal requirements are properly vetted and met; provide adequate structure and discipline around internal controls. Establish key relationships (bank, insurance, attorney, CPA, etc.); manage contract reviews (M&A, options, pricing, etc). Responsible for all aspects of maintaining employee stock option program. Oversee annual tax planning & tax compliance procedures.
- Cash Flow & Reporting - Direct the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports. Enhance current management reporting with more analytics and metrics to track business performance. Work with business leaders to ensure these reports are aiding them in managing their areas of responsibility. Develop financial strategies, budgeting processes and forecasts to support current and future revenue models with a particular eye toward improving the financial results and fueling growth. Guide company on profitability, including systems to support reporting profitability, by client, product, etc. Compare sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; make or oversee any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets. Help structure future revenue models (i.e. revenue share & owned brands models.) Manage cap table and options, cash/treasury management including when to use debt, when to reinvest cash into the business vs distribute to shareholders.
- Financial Planning & Analysis - Increase and maintain visibility into data to make better decisions (better gathering and reporting on all financial & customer data within the company) . Provide strategic analysis of data regarding long-range economic trends and project their impact on future growth in sales and market share. Identify opportunities (for expansion into new product areas) and risks that may impact profitability and play a key part in the future evolution of our company. Cost benefit analysis of build vs acquire, inhouse vs offshore.
- Strategic Decision Making - Conducts strategic analysis of operational data and meets with department heads to identify areas in need of financial adjustment (reorganization, downsizing, elimination). Provide a strong point of view as a key member of the senior executive team regarding strategic vision and tactical execution that ensures sound operations and enhances organizational excellence and profitable growth. Works with the President and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process. Develop and manage key metrics; keep executive team informed and give weekly financial update in leadership meetings.
We are Disruptive Advertising: (https://disruptiveadvertising.com/) Our vision is to create an environment where we can all better realize and live our potential; in order to do this, we are building the best performance marketing agency at delivering growth opportunities for our people and amazing business results for our clients.
We currently specialize in paid digital media, life cycle marketing through email/text/retargeting, and ensure our clients websites are converting through website optimization all supported by our amazing dev and creative teams. We are now ready to accelerate our growth and impact with an SEO and Content offering which the whole company is excited about.
We are a fast-growing team of professional digital marketers. Our clients look to us to expand their digital marketing footprint and create growth for their business by winning at life and business together.
We have been in business since 2013, our offices are in the beautiful city of Pleasant Grove, Utah where one side of our office overlooks the towering Wasatch Mountain Range, and the other has stunning views of Utah lake.
Disruptive has won many awards for growth and as a leader in our industry, but, we are the most proud of those that represent how our people feel about working here which include but aren’t limited to: Utah Business Magazine’s Best Companies to Work For, USA Today as one of SLC's Best Companies to Work For" and in Glassdoor as "Best Places to Work” at #13. And don’t worry, we are now primarily remote and our non-Utah based employees are saying the same thing ;)
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity and we look forward to reviewing your application!
- Grateful- We find joy in the journey!
- Inside Out- We focus on what we can control and don't waste time worrying about what we can't. We lead with what we can improve and do better, not with what others should change.
- Growth Minded - We choose and love the growth process. We push through the pain and challenges when others would quit. We enjoy the growth journey and don't get sucked into the "I'll be happy when" syndrome. We are willing to take a step backward when that sets us up for two steps forward.
- Caring- Those we interact with feel seen and understood. We show up to serve the moment, others, and our community.
- Win/Win/Win - We are committed to the win/win/win; if it’s not a win for any 3 of these parties (Company, Client, Employee), I do what it takes to make it so.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity and we look forward to learning more about you!
Disruptive Advertising is an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information or veteran status.